The persistent expansion into developing markets in worldwide bi/multi-lateral infrastructure investment, trading and corporate operations, along with continuing geopolitical uncertainty and economic volatility means that the demand for Political risks insurance is as high as ever. Political landscapes can quickly, and dramatically change, leaving overseas operations critically exposed to the actions of a host government.
Examples of business that might purchase Political risk insurance include:
- Banks and financial institutions
- Commodity traders
- Construction contractors
- Export credit agencies
- Natural resources extractive industries
- Renewable Energy
- Trade finance companies
We specialise in providing tailored insurance solutions designed to protect a client from losses that might be incurred when either trading or investing overseas, particularly in less developed or more economically unstable countries where losses stem directly from action by foreign governments.
The risks we are able to provide solutions for include, but are not limited to:
- Confiscation, Expropriation, Nationalisation and Deprivation (CEND)
- Selective discrimination
- Contract frustration
- Currency inconvertibility and/or Transfer risk
- Non-Repossession of leased equipment, including aircraft
- Forced abandonment
- Forced divestiture
- Licence repudiation
- Arbitration award default Import/Export embargo
- Unfair calling of bonds
Lenders' Interest coverage is also available to project finance banks, covering the non-repayment of a loan as a result of the foreign government interfering with the operation of the financed asset.
Although Political risk insurance differs to Political violence and Terrorism insurance, we can always offer you a combination of these to secure comprehensive protection.
We are no ordinary insurance and reinsurance broker. Founded over twenty years ago, we are one the region’s oldest independent, privately owned insurance broker. We are completely dedicated to our business and our status as a privately owned broker means that all of our energies are focused on providing a first class service to our clients.
Our insurance broking service offering is based on:
- Understanding of your risks and needs, strategies and business objectives
- Specialist market knowledge and local expertise, to ensure that you are in compliance with the local insurance law
- Responsiveness, 24 hours response time to enquiries and submissions, a one-stop shop
- Comprehensive service delivery by experienced, motivated personnel and better resource allocation ensuring your ability to interact with the right people at the right level
- Flexibility and ability to achieve superior outcomes through innovations and technical competence
- Relationships built on trust, integrity and mutual respect seeking long-term partnership with you
- The highest standards of moral and ethical behaviour
- Claims excellence
Our passion for customer service excellence clearly differentiate us from our competitors and wherever possible we look to add value above and beyond expectations.
Not all insurance brokers are the same. Not all understand the need to build effective, long-lasting and mutually rewarding partnerships with their clients.
Partnership is at the heart of our philosophy.
Other Classes of Insurance
Our broking activities cover a wide range of insurance classes and risk services. As in all areas of our operation we seek to offer flexibility and innovation to ensure that our clients not only save on their costs, but also get the protection they need.
Need more help?
Room 10 (office 303), Premises I, 4th floor, 25 Sokolovo-Meshcherskaya Street, Moscow 125466, Russian Federation
103, office 307, Nursultan Nazarbayev Ave., Almaty, 050000, Republic of Kazakhstan